Funny thing ... November is National Diabetes Awareness Month. Guess I'm becoming aware now.
Yesterday was a pretty easy day. Well, after my morning meltdown after not being able to prick my finger on the first try. I wasted two test trips and three lancets, had a few tears and ended up with three finger pricks in only 20 minutes HA
I really don't crave sugar - I mean, I do love chocolate and ice cream and sweets but I can go without, no problem. But that's usually when I decide I don't want it, not when I can't have it. And yes, I know that it's not just the sweets that I can't have. So now I have to really look at my eating habits and my food choices. It's almost like counting calories or points again. Why does this have to be so difficult?!
I started my pill regimen yesterday: 1 women's multivitamin, 3 fish oil, 1 vitamin c, 2 metformin (500mg ea). Of course, I didn't follow the instructions of taking the met twice a day or the fish oil three times a day. Instead, I opted to take them all at one time. BIG MISTAKE lol Needless to say, I won't be making that mistake again.
This morning's blood sugar reading: 142. I don't want to be excited about it but how can I not be? Now, this is only one reading a day. Wonder if I should do a couple throughout the day, like one after a meal or after our walk? Dr. H said only when I wake up, I guess I'll do that until I see him on the 15th.
No comments:
Post a Comment