Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The first day of the rest of my life ...

Funny, just the other day I was thinking that saying is so weird.  I get that you're supposed to take each day as a new day and make it the first day of a new life but, as a procrastinator, I can make tomorrow the first day ...

I'm still not sure how I feel about yesterday.  It's almost foggy, like maybe I was watching a movie and just feel really bad for the star.  But I know it's my diagnosis, I know it's my actions that will make or break me.  I'm not going to lie and say I am perfectly fine and will make all the necessary changes to make myself healthy.  Yes, I want to change everything that is bad about my lifestyle but I don't want to give up the yummy.  I know: stupid, selfish, dumb ...  I am a little hurt by how Dan is handling this.  He is making into a joke and it's not funny.  Maybe that is his coping mechanism but it's not mine and I don't appreciate being made fun of because I can't figure out how to prick my finger :(

This morning was the first home glucose test.  I guess my insurance covers the test strips but not the device and lancers.  This sure is going to get pricey!   My fasting blood sugar this morning - 176.  Better than two weeks ago but still pretty damn high.  Dan's - 87.  Asshole.

No comments: