Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Am I turning into a hypcondriac?

It is officially one full week since my diabetes diagnosis.  Every little thing is now a symptom, even though it probably isn't. 

1) My feet hurt.  Well, I think they do but who knows.  They are super sensitive now that I know feet are one of the most important things to worry about as a diabetic.  Feet heel slower and I shouldn't exercise if I have open sores.  I don't have open sores but I have blisters that the skin is peeling off.  My feet are super dry as well.  So dry, they hurt to touch.  And I'm putting on tons of lotion.

2) My legs hurt.  Specifically my lower legs.  I could swear I am watching my blood thicken and clot as it passes through the veins.  It looks almost like little lumps.  That can't be good!

3) My hands hurt.  Yes, my fingers on my left hand ache from all the pricking but after a day of housework, my hands feel like they are peeling.  And they feel super tight, like my fat and blood will pop through the skin.

Every little nuisance is amplified.  I feel like it's my guilty mind telling me all of these things are happening to my body as it shuts down.  But I know that it's not shutting down.  I just can't help but wonder if it's all tied into diabetes or just my overactive imagination.

Sugar levels are in the low to mid 100s.  Yesterday was 124, today was 106.  Too much sleep, not enough sleep.  Not sure what's going on but I don't think I need to really worry.  Yet. 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm sure the fear of this new diagnosis will play tricks on your mind. You're keeping your #s in good control and doing what you need to be doing. Hang in there!