Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

First OB Appointment

We had our first prenatal appointment today and well, it wasn't horrible but it didn't go the way I had hoped.

We had to pick up my medical records from my other doc, who fortunately was just one floor below so I didn't have to stop too far away. The appointment was at 1:45 but as usual, we had to wait about 20 minutes before finally being called back to the exam room and then we waited about 10 minutes for the doc to come in.

I've always loved Dr. Cole and I'm glad I decided to go back to his office. He's very business, not a hand holder so that's great.

It was a routine appointment - pelvic exam and all that stuff - but no ultrasound :( Apparently they do them in the office every Monday but every other Monday the tech works the mornings only and today happened to be that Monday. So I was sent off to get a prenatal blood panel and scheduled my next appointment - April 2 FIVE FREAKING WEEKS AWAY!! It will be my monthly appointment and I'll get an ultrasound WOO

On another note: Found out that my mother-in-law took it upon herself to tell Dan's siblings we are expecting. Yeah, WTF!!! It was not ok, it is NOT ok and I am pissed. We told them super early and also told them WE would decide when to tell people AFTER today's appointment. We barely got home and had a chance to unwind from the appointment before we found out. WHAT THE FUCK

I don't think I'm overreacting. This is a high-risk pregnancy that is still in the early stages. No one has any business telling anyone anything without us okaying that first. Right?!?!?!

No comments: