Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Damn you Diabetes!

Well, not really.  More like "Damn you Gen!"

I really thought that I would be able to reverse the diagnosis given in November.  That was THREE months ago and I have done nothing, NOTHING, to change it.  Well, other than take my metformin and blood sugars every now and then.

What I really need is to hold myself super accountable.  I need to get my ass out on the street, walking at least two miles EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Walking really is the easiest AND cheapest form of exercise, so why don't more of us do it?  I have taken my blood sugars daily since the start of February.  Only once has it been under 100.  I seem to hang out in the 110-125 range.  What does this mean?  Probably shouldn't have had the brownies and ice cream last night.

I'm back on MyFitnessPal, tracking my food but also my sugars.  Not doing so hot.  There is a part of me that DOES care but the lazy part takes over.  Thought about forking out the big bucks again for nutrition counseling but they'll want to include exercise and I'm not ready for that.

I need to start slow so that I stick to it.  Little steps that will lead to bigger steps. 

I meet with the doc on the 20th, hopefully he's not too pissed off that not much has changed.  I did manage to lose 15 lbs and gained back about 12 - yay me NOT. 

1 comment:

Randi said...

What helped me was taking my calendar and doing a mark like this / through the day when I walked once and an X through the day I walked twice. This was back when I walked, mind you. Just SEEING that progress was motivation.