I've decided that I need some accountability if I'm going to finally make the changes in my life. My hope is that, through this online journal, not only will I be honest with myself but maybe inspire someone else to make the same change.
Brief History: Growing up, I had no issues with weight or food control. I was tall and skinny; ate whatever, whenever; hardly exercised (until high school sports) and loved life. It all changed in the last quarter of 1996. After having a reconstructive surgery, I slowly started to change my habits and went from being somewhat active to completely sedentary. Within a 90 day period, I had gained close to 15 pounds. June 1996 I weighed in at 160 lbs and wore a size 12 at Macy's. By September 1996, I was closing in 180 lbs and size 14 was starting to get tight. Fast forward a couple of years later to my 21st birthday, September 1998, and I am now wearing a size 20 and close to 220 lbs. Fast forward to my wedding day, June 2005, and I am wearing a size 24, only shopping at Lane Bryant or The Avenue, and my weight is 275 lbs. Fast forward to present day - June 5, 2012 - where I am now currently 295 lbs and in a size 22/24 top, 26 bottom.
In November 2011, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, put on 1000mg Metformin daily and told that with a diet change and exercise, I could easily lose the weight and reverse the diagnosis. I weighed 285 lbs that day. While I don't believe I am truly diabetic (yes, denial) I do know that I have to really keep myself in check if I want to make it another 34 years!!
I have tried several "lifestyle changes":Weight Watchers where I lost 20 lbs the first 5 weeks and then said "I got this", only to gain them all back; Adventure Bootcamp which was four weeks of intense morning workouts, until I sprained my PCL; nutrition counseling, which I think was the most successful change while I followed the strict menu. Honestly, I get bored eating the same thing meal after meal, day after day, and after 16 weeks I had managed to lose 26 pounds but found myself wanting to add the bad things back. Which I ended up doing.
And now I'm here, posting to you. At 34 years old, I have spent my entire 20s overweight and always saying "I'll start again on Monday". Well, no more! Starting tomorrow (famous last words, right? lol) I will be posting a daily journal of what I eat and drink, any and all exercise, and of course blog about how I'm feeling and what I'm discovering. Also, it will be the first post of TripleDoubleYou - Weekly Wednesday Weigh in, where I will post my morning weight and measurements.
I hope that you follow along on my final journey towards a healthy lifestyle, with the ultimate goal of adding a baby to our life.
1 comment:
I believe in you! Just remember, results take a while to see. There will be good days and bad days.
Post a Comment