I've given myself 96 days to drop 20 pounds. I am not going to kill myself over eating healthy and exercising daily, however, I WILL make better choices when it comes to what I put in my mouth and how I move my body.
Since going back to work two weeks ago, I have eaten out at least twice a day and probably have spent close to $100. That is fucking ridiculous! I had three months to get my shit in gear and I didn't. So now, I'm giving myself another three months to prove to myself that my son IS worth getting up early, making the time to prepare meals, getting my ass out of bed and on the street (not the corner though!) and not making excuses.
I really thought that I'd have an easy transition into working mom and, while work hasn't been an issue, for the most part it has been except for scheduling. I barely have time to shower and brush my teeth before getting E to daycare and myself to the office by 9 am. That takes up my one hour lunch break so I'm in the office from 9-5 with two 15 min breaks so that's not much time for any exercise. I'm lucky to get home by 5:30, which is when I need to take over baby duty so D can get himself ready for work. I guess I could walk while he's making dinner or what not, but honestly I'm so dead tired! I'm sure walking will give me energy, more than that large iced latte with hazelnut syrup!
I'm tired of the fact my clothes don't fit - STILL My plus size clothes before pregnancy don't fit because I wore them during my pregnancy and my baby belly stretched out my pants and my boobs stretched out my tops UGH My maternity pants don't fit because my belly is no longer hard and round, instead my fat is all over my waist *sigh* My boobs are still huge but starting to sag (OY) so there's tons of cleavage and that just ain't office appropriate, yo!!
So I'm starting tomorrow, June 18 - exactly 95 days until September 22 ... My 36th birthday. I don't want to weigh 300 pounds. I'm not sure what I weigh as I haven't weighed in for a few days but I"ll start tracking tomorrow (since there's only 55 minutes left of today and I really should be in bed!!) and go from there.
For now, this is my goal schedule and I hope to stick with it!
Monday: 6:30 am 20 min morning walk; 6 pm 30 min evening walk
Tues-Fri: 6 am 20 min morning walk; 6:30 pm 30 min evening walk
Sat/Sun: 3 - 5 miles walk
Here's to walking away the pounds ... or some crap like that ;0
2 comments:
With the weather this gorgeous, walking with the baby is IDEAL. For now, just try at least ONE walk a day. Sometimes if we try too much, we get discouraged and drop it all together.
Try packing lunch before you go to bed so there's one less thing to do in the morning? I do that with mine and Casey's stuff for the next day. Seems to help.
Good luck!
I've heard a rumor that it takes 9 months to build a baby, so at least 9 months for your body to get back to "normal". Not sure if this is true or not! I try to make something on the weekends that will last for the weekday lunches (like soup, or sandwich fixings, etc). I also buy yogurts and trail mix in small packages in case I get real hungry - I think it helps tide me over so I can go for a walk or a swim in the morning or evening. Good luck!
Post a Comment