It's no secret I'm a fat-ass. I'm reminded by it every single day of my life. I look at myself with disgust because I have spent half of my life overweight. I don't like to take photos because I don't like to see myself. In my mind, I don't look nearly as big as I do when I see myself in a mirror or photo.
Before getting pregnant, my weight was 297 pounds. In the first three months, I ended up losing weight and was down to 289. By the time I gave birth, I was up to 307 or 310, depending on the doctor's office I was visiting. So I gained 10 pounds - or 18 if you go by the lower weight - and it was all baby related. The week after delivery, I weighed 306.8 and attribute that to the infection and the fluids I was still retaining from surgery. I was looking forward to being healed enough to start walking around the park or stuff like that.
Well tonight I got brave. For the first time in two weeks, I got on a scale. My home scale is my trusty scale. I was prepared for it to be in the 300s still so imagine my surprise when I looked down and saw 282.8 - that's a total of 24 pounds! I'm not sure how accurate it is because I'm still retaining fluids from the infection and I was fully clothed but I'll take it! I'm not breastfeeding but I am pumping so I guess that's helping me out in the weight loss.
Here's to losing some more, because let's face it - E does NOT need a fat ass lazy mom taking photos of him all day long!
1 comment:
Losing baby weight is shocking, dude. Keep busy and it will keep falling off.
Post a Comment