Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Eighteen Weeks

How far along? 18 Weeks 1 Day
Total weight gain/loss: not quite sure since the nurse doesn't announce it LOL Scale at home says weight is 288, which means I'm still down 8 lbs
Maternity clothes? a couple blouses and pants, have bras but I hate them so don't wear them
Stretch marks? Already had them but I think they are getting some now!!
Sleep: I can always sleep, looks like I might need to start exercising now
Best moment this week: This week is bittersweet - would have brought home baby 1 this week :( BUT we heard a healthy and strong heartbeat this morning!  Dr. C seems to think everything is going well so there you have it
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly
Movement: I thought I felt some fluttering but I can't say for sure since I have no idea where the bebe is hanging out in there
Food cravings: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still can't hang in the kitchen with chicken
Have you started to show yet: Everything seems to have moved UP and if my boobs carried the baby then YES lol
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On and extremely loose lately, weird
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happily Moody
Looking forward to: October 29 - gender reveal, I hope!
Not loving: That I have to wait so long in between ultrasounds


Today is Infant Loss Awareness Day and I am definitely aware!  It's also the beginning of the week that we would have brought home our baby.  It's crazy how time has flown by - we'd be in week 39 but instead we are in week 18.

Yes, I know I should be grateful for the life growing inside me and believe me, I am extremely!  I just can't help but hurt and feel sad for the life that was and should be.  It will be with me forever and I don't ever want it to go away.  I want to always remember and I hope that days, weeks, months and years will eventually make the hurt less.

1 comment:

Randi said...

You'll definitely know when the baby is moving. That' what I was trying to say during my misspelled texts last night. It'll blow your mind!