I feel like such a boring person lately. While I'm super excited to be pregnant and share my experience with everyone, I don't want to become that girl who only talks about being pregnant. Personally, I can't stand girls like that. Plus, I have friends who are still struggling to get here and I want to be sensitive to their feelings.
Not much has been going on around these parts. My birthday is in 8 days and we have absolutely no plans, which kinda bums me out but on the other hand, I'm not really looking forward to my birthday this year. Has nothing to do with the fact I'll be turning 35. I just don't feel like celebrating this year.
There's been some weird drama around the adobe. Earlier this week, a package was taken from the porch. Nothing major, just a couple license plate frames from my sister's work (smugmug.com) so it's not like it was an expensive package. That was just the weirdest thing to happen to us in the 11 years we've lived there. We got the package back - must have been a slow day for the VPD ;) - so all is good. Then Thursday I witnessed the VPD swarm on a unit a couple doors down. There's always some sort of probation/parole check or drug raid going on around the neighborhood. Apparently I missed all the action though. They had assault rifles and a battering ram and I was in bed. Loser! This morning I find out that our new landscapers have been checking the doors of the units and one of the units happened to be unlocked! The tenant was home and approached the dude, who in turn said he was looking for someone. Yeah right! I have been wanting to find new place to live and between this and our building be shot at, you'd think Dan would too. But no, we stay. Sigh.
I'm going to start yoga next week. My back and legs need it, probably my brain as well.
Next week will be a baby update as we have an appointment on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment