Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is "Hoarders" accepting applications?

Growing up, I never had anything more than the closet and my dresser for storage so it was really easy to keep things that I wanted/needed and toss what I didn't. So why is it that now that I'm married with a place of my own, it's a disaster?!

I would like to blame my darling hubby for the majority of our mess. He's definitely a pack rat, just like his father and his grandfather. When we first moved in together, he still had clothes from the 80s, along with boxes of figures and comics. When we moved from our 1st apartment, I was finally able to convince him to get rid of the clothes and to consolidate the boxes. When we moved into our condo, we got rid of a lot of stuff but that was almost 10 years ago!

We rarely have guests over so no one seems to take care of the place. I have to admit, since we have been in the condo we do clean more often than we used to but really, it's not weekly and it's usually just me doing it. But when we have an overnight guest, this place gets picked up superduper fast. Of course, it's usually crap thrown into bags thrown into closets or storage. UGH

In less than three weeks, my sister will come for a week-long visit and I've known about this since January. It's not a huge deal to get the place ready for a visitor, it's just actually doing it. When we had the kitchen and floors done in December, a lot of stuff found it's way into the spare room and sadly, never found it's way out. So now I have to spend the next 2 1/2 weeks cleaning this mess.

No comments: