Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

33 Weeks - OH MAH GAWD

How far along? 33 Weeks 1 Day
Total weight gain/loss: Total 15 lbs
Maternity clothes? same old story - work pants and tops and bras; guess it's a good thing I'm a fatty
Stretch marks? I believe my entire stomach and breasts are covered now :(
Sleep: finally over this crappy cough and sleeping through the night, I bet that doesn't last long!
Best moment this week: Technically this week is just starting but yesterday was our final 3D session and I just love watching him move around
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? eating chocolate and ice cream and pizza and whatever I want!
Movement:  He's not as active as I would like him to be but when he moves I can feel it and sometimes see it - CRAZY
Food cravings: chocolate
Anything making you queasy or sick: not anymore
Have you started to show yet: Definitely!
Gender prediction: Well we thought girl but it's BOY
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Innie and starting to get a little more shallow but I know it won't pop
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happily Moody
Looking forward to: EVERYTHING  we have 6 weeks to go and everything is starting to slowly come together for his arrival
Not loving: hormonal swings holy shit!


OMG we are scheduled for induction on March 11 - that's in SIX WEEKS ... Exactly ... Am I ready? Will I ever be ready?!?!

I'm so anxious to have E here but at the same time super freaked that I won't know what to do.  How bizarre is that?! I have killer maternal instincts and have had so much "practice" with A & B that I should be a pro, right?  Gosh I sure hope so!  We have the basic necessities - well not really, could use some wipes and a few more diapers and clothes - so if he were to come now, we'd be prepared.  But I hope he stays and bakes a little longer!!

Last Thursday I met with Dr A (high risk) and they mentioned he is measuring smaller than they anticipated.  I guess docs automatically assume overweight and diabetic mother produces a moose? Anyway, I was concerned (not so much anymore) that he was measuring small.  In fact, he was measuring smaller than the appointment two weeks earlier.  I really hate when D doesn't go with me to these appointments!!!  E is measuring at the low end of the normal scale - like I even know what the heck that means?!?!?! - and in the two weeks since his last appointment had dropped from somewhere in the 90th percentile to somewhere in the 25/35/45 (I really need to pay attention!) percentile.  I've been told to increase the diet in my protein, seriously control my blood sugars, rest as much as possible (as in putting my feet up) and I've been doing so since Thursday.   The reason I say I'm not concerned as much anymore is because they scheduled me for a 2 week appointment so obviously they feel I can make some improvements?  God, I hope so!  

Can't help but feel like a failure.  I've known the risks and still didn't do 100% what I should do.  My biggest fear is that something will go wrong and it will be my fault.  I can't knock that thought out.  When he doesn't move for a while, I freak out.  Sure, he sits towards my back and I'm fat so I can't always feel him but it's almost like he doesn't want me to feel him.  Stinker!!

Things with the BFF are a bit better.  Had a convo and we're trying.  Hopefully it works for the best.

2 comments:

Randi said...

You're doing very good and I believe in you. As for the BFF, if she doesn't have kids, this might just be hard for her to understand. I personally have all but lost contact with one of my closest friends because she's not a mom and I am and blah blah blah. It all comes out in the wash.

Andrea said...

Gurl....you are getting so close to the BIG DAY!!!!! I'm so excited to hold that little ball of cuteness and see our boys together!!!!!