Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Think Pink for the Cure!

My step-mom is in the waiting period between chemo and radiation for her stage 1 breast cancer. Last September she felt a lump, had it biopsied and within weeks had a lumpectomy. She is a pretty strong woman but this treatment has made her even stronger. I saw her at her worst possibly ever. I am so glad that she is done with her chemo and I hope that the 6 weeks of radiation aren't as harsh on her body.

Last year, I walked in the 3day for the Cure but not for her, not really for any one in particular. I first signed up because I wanted to see if it was something I could do. I had to raise $2300 just to be able to walk, not to mention the hours of training in order to walk for 3 days. This year, I'm walking again. This time, I am including my step-mom's name on my shirt, along with my aunt. I'll be walking for them being survivors and current fighters.

This year, I've added making jewelry to my source of fundraising. So far, I've made 30 bracelets with 7 being "sold" for $5 donations. It's been pretty fun to make but boy is it tiring!

No comments: