Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

15 years of being overweight and nothing changes

2011 marks 15 years. 15 years of being with Dan, 15 years since my breast reduction, 15 years since I shopped for size 12 misses at Macy's.

Getting fat was easy, why is that? After the reduction, I was limited at work and settled into such a sedentary way of life. A few years later, dinner was at midnight and I sure wasn't cooking it. Del Taco and In N Out are probably still in this body somehow, I just know it!

I've been on Weight Watchers numerous times and never did lose more than 20 lbs. Even when I signed up for the nutrition plan, the first time I lost 23 lbs, the second time not even 15.

As I'm writing tonight, my legs are aching from lack of blood circulation, my ankles and feet are swollen like crazy. I blame all my aches and pains on anything but my weight. The other day, I walked across the street to the store and found myself coughing from the exercise. I gave myself a coughing fit that was coming from the deepest part of my chest, all from walking ACROSS.THE.STREET!

And yet, I do nothing. Well, that's not true. I eat pretty healthy for breakfast and snacks and usually lunch and dinner. As long as we plan right. But I am so lazy I just don't exercise. I don't care to. I really should. I always feel so good after working out, it's just the doing it part that is so rough.

I keep making excuses for everything and saying "tomorrow" but there have been so many tomorrows and I recycle the excuses. I would never consider lap band or gastric bypass. Personally, I feel that's the last resort and almost like the easy way out. But I know it's not easy. I have seen what happens to people who have had these procedures - struggles to stay healthy, gaining all the weight and then some, being out of work for weeks due to infections. I would love to just snap my fingers or swallow some pill but it just isn't that simple.

A friend of mine is doing the HCG diet. I don't know if I could go down to 500 calorie days with no exercise. Well, I'm sure I wouldn't mind the no exercise part LOL And then of course there is the fact there are daily shots, I think those are to suppress the appetite. It's working for her, I know it could work for me. I just don't have the support to do it.

So instead of trying the "easy" fix or the fad diet, I'm going to do this the old fashioned way. I have gotten rid of all the sugar I love. It's time to go back to the meal plan I followed so religiously and completely cut out fast food again. I have a goal of 2-3 lbs a week and I have a visitor in 60 days so we'll see if I can go down 15 lbs in the next 8 weeks.

Tonight, I weighed in at 303 pounds, once again at the highest I've ever weighed. It's time to put an end to this.


No comments: