Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Under Pressure

I am so tired of the relentless questioning.  "When are you going to have a baby?"  "Why aren't you trying to have a baby?"  "Don't you want to have a baby?

It seems like every single family gathering ends up with one person asking this question and I have to bite my tongue.  What I really want to say is "I don't particularly care to bring a child into this fucked up world"or "I don't care to bring a child into this fucked up family" but what I end up saying is "Oh it's just not the right time" or "well you should ask Dan" or "It's in God's hands"

Why can't people just take a few seconds to think that maybe we have issues or maybe it's just not in the cards or maybe just maybe we like life the way it is?  Granted, I would love to be a mother but right now, heck for the last 15 years, that's just not happening.

It really makes it hard for me to want to go out to family gatherings, knowing that I'm going to get the questions, not Dan.

ENOUGH WITH THE PRESSURE!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I read a Miss Manners column in which she recommended you respond to that question "Why do you want to know?" Seems to me that is the equivalent of "Shut up" only sounds nicer and sort of puts people in their place.