Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A health update

June 9th I decided to go back to the doctor to have a checkup.  I haven't been taking any of my medications and I haven't been exercising or eating right.  I'm lazy and tired and full of excuses.   I got the call about a week later that my results came back really bad  My A1C was 10.6 and my fasting sugar was 259.  Not to mention my blood pressure was crazy high and so was my cholesterol.  So I'm back on the metformin, now taking Fosniprol for blood pressure and Lipitor for cholesterol.

June 9th - starting weight 304 (per doc's scale)
June 27th - 302
July 10 - 299.8
July 15 - 296.8

That's 7, almost 8 pounds lost!  And I haven't done anything other than try to eat healthier.  I missed about a week of my meds (it's really easy to forget!) and they mess with my stomach so I'm probably using that as an excuse NOT to take them.  

My biggest motivator should be getting healthy so that I can be active with my son.  For some reason, I still find excuses.  I'm not pretending anymore, I now realize that I'm the only one who can make the changes that I need to make.  It just really sucks ass.

So I'm back to trying to lose 100 lbs (if not more) so that I can be healthy, be fit and be happy!

No comments: