May 1, 2011 - do you know where you were when the death of Osama Bin Laden was announced? I had just opened the car door where D had been waiting for me, and he said "they are saying OBL is dead" and then we drove from CVS Pharmacy across the parking lot to Panda Express. 20 minutes later, every news channel, every Twitter and facebook update.
September 11, 2001 - do you remember where you were when the first tower was hit? I was in the shower, listening to what I thought was a memorial tribute because I wasn't really paying attention. I had gotten out of the shower just as the news announcer was screaming "they hit the second tower". I ran upstairs to wake up D and turn on the news.
I am proud to be American however there are some things/people/actions that make me not so proud.
Take the the beating of the Giants fan back in April. Brian Stow attended a baseball game at the home of my beloved LA Dodgers, only to be viciously attacked for wearing the orange and black. Or the riots in San Francisco and LA after the city's beloved teams win championships. Who are these people?! How American is it to destroy your own country?
While I do understand and appreciate that our men and women, who are bravely protecting our America, are out there defending our rights and lives, I do believe it is time for them to come home. There have been way too many nights with an empty seat at a dinner table, too many babies born without a father/mother, too many parents having to bury their son/daughter.
Hell yes I am glad that mother fucker is dead - Hell yes I am scared to death that there will be a retaliation sooner than later.
God bless our troops and their families.
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." -- Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment